Re: [LUG] [Tuxpaint-News] June 16th is "Tux Paint Day"!

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Just received this on the Tux Paint mailing list.  Looks like tomorrow
>> is Tux Paint day!
>>
>> Shame it was only announced today, but at least I know for next year
>> (maybe we could do something with Living Coasts or something?).
>>
>> Anyway, I'll let everyone I know about it and encourage them to download it.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> Bill Kendrick wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Tux Paint fans!
>>>
>>> Tomorrow (June 16, 2009) marks the 7th anniversay of the very first
>>> release of Tux Paint!  To celebrate, I've decided to name it "Tux Paint Day,"
>>> and am asking for your help.
>>>
>>> Despite how much people -- even my closest friends -- love and enjoy
>>> Tux Paint, they have friends who still have never heard of it.
>>> You can change this!  Help me celebrate "Tux Paint Day" tomorrow by
>>> telling just _one_ friend about Tux Paint!
>>>
>>> Some things to mention to your friend:
>>>
>>> (1) It's free!
>>> (2) It works with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
>>> (3) It knows over 80 languages
>>> (4) It's best for kids ages 3 to 12 years old
>>>
>>>   and, of course, they can download it right now from:
>>>
>>> (5) www.TuxPaint.org
>>>
>>> (Oh, and kids: remember to get permission and help installing software!)
>>>

>>> Also -- we're working on a new version of Tux Paint.  It will have over
>>> a dozen new Magic tools, including a tornado, snowflakes, toothpaste,
>>> train tracks, and a realistic-looking rainbow!
>>>
>>> (For the technically-saavy parents out there, drop me a line if you'd
>>> like to help us find and fix bugs!  I'll tell you where you can download
>>> a beta version.)
>>>

> If you add it to the lug wiki then everyone is reminded for 2010, then
> once you have organised a meet on the day you can edit the entry.
>
> Paul

Yep good idea.

I've also created a Facebook group dedicated to free software for kids.
So far I've only put Tuxpaint on there but I'm hoping to add more as I
go along.  I know not everyone has Facebook accounts and not everyone is
a fan of Facebook but I thought it might get the word out there a bit
(I've already e-mailed about 30 odd people I know with kids about it).

Anyway the group can be found here: *http://tinyurl.com/freesoftwareforkids*

Rob