Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 9.04 install.

Grant Sewell writes:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:24:46 +0100
> jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Rob Beard writes:

>> > Sounds to me like it is booting so far and falling back to
>> > Busybox.  Do you get the Ubuntu splash screen come up at all when
>> > you try and boot from the hard disk? <snip>
>> > Rob
>> ...no, no splash screen. It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro....
> I had what sounds like a very similar situation recently with on of my
> 8.04.2 systems.<snip>
> I resolved it by booting from the live CD, finding out the UUID of the
> partition that should be mounted as /, editing the menu.lst and fstab
> entries accordingly and rebooting.
> Grant.

...I can't seem to even navigate to 'fstab'. I just found what looked like a
solution. THere is a program that writes the bootloader to a USB stick but
it wouldn't complete the instillation. I tried three times!
   I have also tried to do the, supposed, install over choosing different
options. I can't remember what they were exactly but it was to do with the
partitioning of the harddrive and it's mount points. As far as I know I have
tried every possible permiatation...
JOn.