Re: [LUG] Domain registration & NI number

Steph Foster wrote:

> I can only imagine maybe Italy is restricting .it domains to Italian
> citizens ?

The obvious problem is that they can't do this without leaving the EU.
(Or if the UK leaves the EU.)

> I certainly wouldn't give my NI number out for this purpose

I wonder what the Italian equivalent of the ICO would have to say.

Unless the company is paying you money and sending the appropriate
deductions to HMRC then they don't appear to have any legitimate reason
to ask in the first place.