Re: [LUG] PCW magazine to close

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, James Fidell wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> There were a few Forth systems for the Apple ][, one called Graforth which
>> did 3D wire animations. Don't recall any for the BBC though.
>
> Acorn did a Forth implementation for the Beeb and I think there was at
> least one other.  ISTR it was the control language for the "turtle".

That was a cut-down Logo IIRC. I remember writing a turtle graphics
interpreter for the Apple... Wish I could read those disks...

>> Hm. I still have an Apple II, so I guess that gives me a legal copy of the
>> ROMs to use in the various emulators that are about. Wonder how I can read
>> the boxes of Apple floppys I still have...
>
> One of the first computers I ever used, was the Apple ][e :)  At school
> we had one of those and a Sharp MZ80K before the BBC Micros were
> released.

That would be the Apple //e then .. not the ][ ;-) Mine is a ][ europlus..
The //e's were styled slightly differently and had 128KB of RAM with an
80-column display mode (IIRC)

Hm. all that's wrong with mine is the PSU... +12V, +5V... Maybe I can hack
a PC supply to work in it... Still no disk drive though - anyone got an
old Apple disk drive and controller? (Or an Old 40-track 5.24" SA400
drive, as I have a controller for one of those...)

Gordon