Re: [LUG] Kernel 2.6.30 is out ...

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Keith Abraham wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> Seems to work... Although I suspect there are not many people here
>> who try new kernels or compile their own though!
>>

> People seem to be having problems with 2.6.30 so until it settles down
> I'll stick with 2.6.29-4 which appears to be stable and isn't causing
> me any problems.

I'm not really using anything bleeding edge though, although when you tick
the option to enable features for small systems, lots of extra stuff gets
intersting! (I need to do that for my small systems to remove all video &
keyboard drivers as they don't have any!)

Still, the test-bed has stayed up all night and handled 1/4 a million
phone calls thrown at it.

I needed 2.29.3 to overcome a bug in the AMD Geode multi-function
northbridge chip though - system would crash during boot until I tried tht
kernel )-:

Gordon