Re: [LUG] Dansguardian

Austin Gossmeyer wrote:
> Hello all.   I am setting up a squid\dansguardian box and I was
> wondering if any of you had done this before? I am also looking for good
> documentation on the subject if any of you know of any it would be much
> appreciated. Also is it possible to direct the logs from squid and
> dansguardian to a seperate partition?

Squid itself is pretty simple.

Although these days I'd suggest you do a transparent proxy install, as
it saves a lot of messing around on clients or in the proxy discovery
configuration.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy.html

Not done Dansguardian -- but there are several HOWTOs out there. Looks
like once you've mastered Squid DG is pretty straight forward and works
in a similar way.

http://dansguardian.org/downloads/DGandTransparent.txt