[LUG] mepis 8 boot problem

Posted by "Alex Mclennan" <alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi to all,can some one help please,my machine is a 2.66 intel quad core with 160gb
hd and 4 gb ram.
my problem is that i have xp on the main sata hd and have just installed mepis 8 on
an ide hd  which is in a caddy.
when i installed mepis i disconnected the sata drive just to make sure nothing
untoward happened to that,the mepis boots up great on its own but as soon as i
reconnect the sata drive and press f8 to bring up the boot menu,chose the ide drive
it goes to the opening mepis screen, i select that and the load screen appears but
will go no further.
if i select the sata it boots into xp no problem.
i only use xp to play 1 online game and watch a bit of 4od,im loathe to install
mepis with the sata attached as it caused major problems last time i tried,any help
much appreciated.
alex the noob 01395576780 (sidmouth)
--

Generated by the contributors page