Re: [LUG] Thunderbird

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> My ISP has changed my Control Panel on my website from Plesk to cPanel.
>> While doing so he changed the password on my email, for some reason. I
>> have changed it back but TB is asking for the password when I try to use
>> the account, but will not accept it.
>>
>> I know that it is correct. When I go to my website and use webmail to
>> look at the emails, I can log in OK with the same password.
>>
>> When I look through TB there does not seem to be any way to set/change
>> the password on the account. I do seem to remember that when I first set
>> it up I had to give a password and I told the program to remember it.
>>
>> I am using IMAP by the way.
>>
>> Do I have to delete the account on TB and start again or is there an
>> easier way please?
>
> Go to Edit/Preferences and then the Privacy tab. Click on "Edit saved
> passwords". You can delete your saved passwords there.
>
> Anthony
Very strange. I have two web sites, both with email set up. When I did
as you suggested above I found that there was no password saved for the
web site that is causing me all the trouble. (They were there for the
other site).

I don't understand that, until today it was working fine and never asked
me for a password. Now, no matter what I enter is says that the login fails.

I can't see a way to add a password for this site. I suppose once I get
it working I tell it to remember the password. Yeah, once I get it working.

Neil