Re: [LUG] Im moving back to windows

Dave wrote:
> Paul Wrote:
>> I do agree with is sometimes there is too much choice, and this can
>> cause issues. e.g sound drivers.  But that is something that can be
>> solved in time.
>
> Yes being a long time Windows User and I know this probably sounds crazy,
> but too much choice is sometimes confusing (do we really need 25 different
> Word Processors or Email Clients?)

Hey Debian only offers me 3 Hearts programs, one of them is for online
only, and one comes with a game server to run on your own network.

Debian developers do ask themselves the "do we need another X" (urm
maybe X is a bad choice of variable name here) when packaging software
and sometimes the answer is "No", and sometimes they drop the existing
package in favour of a clearly better one. Ubuntu may take a different
approach.

However I think we can see from the switch from X11R86 to Xorg,
sometimes another X works out really well, even when it initially does
almost exactly the same thing.

But that said Windows still has a bigger choice of email clients, and
Word processors, so I'm finding the whole discussion surreal.

> but the one Trump card MS have always had is a
> single 'Windows', 'Office' etc (from a user's perspective) whether it's a
> PC, Mobile Phone or any other device.

I think the only trump cards Microsoft have are being the incumbent on
the Desktop and having several billion in hard cash.