Re: [LUG] OT: Mail Preference Service

Tom Potts wrote:

> Just getting some rubbish through from Virgin who are avoiding (I think) Mail
> Preference Service  by sending to the occupier....
> Anyone know what to do about this - other than use their 0800 number ad
> nauseam until they stop.

Is it delivered by Royal Mail Door to Door service? You have to opt out
of that separately, because ... urm ... the Royal Mail make too much
money from it to voluntarily respect the wishes of home owners.

There is a school of thought that says sending stuff back in the reply
envelope will dissuade senders, although I think it just worsens the
environmental impact - it does at least do it at the senders expense.

I'm thinking with the remaining phone marketing I get of inviting people
around to give a quotation when we are out, or just to tell them to stop
calling me in person when there representative arrives. I'm sure this
approach can be adapted to the postal service.

  Simon