Re: [LUG] OT: SW MP Allowances Spreadsheet

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 20:23 +0100, Shaun Orchard wrote:

> I note that Mr. Taylor appears to have taken the bold (and highly
> commendable) step of releasing details of his expenses - presumably
> before someone else releases it for him.
>
> http://www.matthewtaylor.info/

Which states among other things

"I have voted for the release of this information at every stage when it
was opposed by many other MPs and the Speaker, as have all my Liberal
Democrat colleagues. I have also always voted for all MP pay and
allowances to be set independently of MPs. I only wish Parliament had
agreed.

and

"The Daily Telegraph has been leaking details for 2004-2008, but Matthew
Taylor has also released details for 2008-9. In addition to this, Mr
Taylor has released details of every household item he has claimed since
he was first elected, since he has retained a record of these purchases,
dating back 22 years.

James
--
james kilty