Re: [LUG] Web Advertizing

On Tue, 19 May 2009 19:47:23 +0100
kevin <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have this Email today
>
> a leading broker of online advertising, dealing
> with many thousands of independent webmasters worldwide.

It's spam. What makes you think that a broker will offer this for free?

> I've had a look at minionsbandb.co.uk and think that it would be a
> good match for our client, whose target demographic is similar to
> your own.

Rubbish - I get dozens of exactly the same claims each year. This
despite the site itself explaining that such requests will always be
flatly ignored. If they've looked, they're blind. They haven't even
visited the site, probably harvested via another search engine.

> We're working on their behalf to acquire advertising from
> quality websites such as your own.

Rubbish.

> We would be interested in purchasing advertising in the form of a
> text-based advertisement on your site. To reduce unnecessary admin and
> hassle, we prefer to pay a fixed annual fee for such advertisements."

$0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

> Is it a scam of some type.

"traffic poaching" and "search engine loading" - generally fails anyway.

--

Neil Williams