Re: [LUG] OT: SW MP Allowances Spreadsheet

On Sunday 17 May 2009 20:06, dave wrote:
> My rail fair is around £50. It is normally £65 return to London. The
> trains, particularly coming back on a Friday are always full beyond
> capacity, often with people standing all the way from Paddington to
> Exeter. We have the most expensive railways in Europe and the worst.
> These figures don't give a breakdown of what the travel costs are spent
> on. But, booking ahead, at £65 return per week, Plymouth - Paddington
> would be something like £3,200 per year. The figures we see here are at
> least 4 times that.
You must consider the little dears will have to travel first class to avoid
sitting with the hoi-polloi who may have ideas at odds with their party -
wouldn't want democracy creeping into politics now would we.
And a couple of sandwiches and a coffee each way would more than cover the
rest....
Tom te tom te tom