Re: [LUG] Rotating mouse input?

On Sat, 16 May 2009 19:44:53 +0100
Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed t'other day whilst playing around with GRandR (rotating the
> screen through 90') that the lack of mouse rotation was quite
> annoying.  Now, I understand that it wouldn't make any difference with
> a "normal" mouse, but using a trackpad on a laptop with the screen
> rotated to be in portrait mode was quite cumbersome.
>
> Is there any way make the mouse input rotate as well?  So, for
> example, "up" becomes "right"?

Needs to be supported by your Xorg input driver.

Openmoko people are working on this kind of functionality in Debian
for the touchscreen driver. No idea if anyone is doing the same for
trackpads. There is a far wider usage of rotated touchscreens compared
to those awkward laptops with rotating dumb screens or trackpads.

--

Neil Williams