Re: [LUG] Music CD Database

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 2009 09:00:30 +0100
> Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Neil,
>
>> In the pop world the composer is often not known,
>> and certainly often not important.
>
> Akchurly, writing credits _are_ generally given (if only for legal
> reasons).  Where they are, and how legible they are, is a different
> matter entirely.
>
> In fact, more often than not, there's swathes of production info too;
> (session) musicians, composing credits (words by, music by), published
> by producer, engineer, mixing engineer, studio(s), artwork design,
> photography, caterers........
>
> It's the lack of fields for all this peripheral info that I find so
> annoying with the available DB managers.

I did not mean to suggest that the composer is never included in the CD
info. What I am trying to say is that in the classical world the
composer is usually the most important part of the information whereas,
in the pop world, with some exceptions of course, most people would be
more interested in the artist or the group name.

If I ask any of my friends/relations who are into pop 'what is the
latest song by .....whoever ?' they would be sure to know. If I asked
them, 'and who composed the song?' they would usually have no idea.

Neil