Re: [LUG] Music CD Database

Simon Robert wrote:
>> business to use yet.
>>
>> I am also looking at REALbasic as a possibility. I will let people
>> know how I am getting on.
>>
>> Neil
>>

> There seem to be quite a few CD/media catalogue applications. This page
> shows some of them -
> http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Home_and_Education/Cataloging/index.shtml
>
> the one that seems to be most recommend, at least for KDE, is tellico
> which I as understand it has templates for collections of various types
> of object.

> Simon

I have had a look at some of them. The problem is that almost all CD
collection programs are aimed at the pop music scene, which is
understandable. Included are Artist, Title etc but often the composer is
not even mentioned. In the pop world the composer is often not known,
and certainly often not important.

In the classical music world the composer is top of the list. I will
probably end up by making the composer the basis for all the data. A
very common question I get asked about my collection is 'what have you
got by ...?' followed by a composer's name.

So mostly the collection lists on offer are not much use to me.

Neil