Re: [LUG] Fonts in Ubuntu/Kubuntu 9.04

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your help.

I dropped a ttf font into ~/.fonts as suggested. It shows up in
OpenOffice but is still very aliased.

I also checked in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and the following locations were
listed:

/usr/share/fonts
/usr/share/X11/fonts
/usr/local/share/fonts
~/.fonts

Only the first of these contains fonts. /usr/share/X11/fonts doesn't
exist, and /usr/local/share/fonts is empty.

I'll try your idea of comparing /etc/x11/xorg.conf from a Knoppix live
CD, but it appears to be only the fonts that are affected - resolution
on icons, frames and other graphic elements is fine, and even the fonts
are perfect if I am running a GUI application as root.

Phil