[LUG] Noddy's Guide to IPTABLES

Title: Noddy's Guide to IPTABLES
Hi All

This I think is my first post even though I’ve been a lurker for quite some time.

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I’m just working on a project building a couple of load balancers with keepalived/ipvsadm and I need to get my head around IPTABLES. I’m okay with firewalls having played with PF – (Open/FreeBSD) and IPCHAINS -- it was a while back ;-)

With IPTABLES I’m drawing a blank on what all the tables are needed for --  can anyone suggest a good web site or reference I can check out.

Thanks in advance

Mick Vaites

E: mick@xxxxxxxxxxxx