Re: [LUG] OpenDisc 9.05

Rob Beard wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>>
>> Steve Lee wrote:

>>> Yeah that caught me out - it's only just over. I nagged them to make it clearer
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> If you ask me this is all the more reason to make it worth while
>> downloading a dvd is to fill it up with as much as posible
>>
>> for example they could include
>>
>> LyX (its there and useful if someone wants it)
>> The open clipart collection
>> Open office extensions for windows as there are quite a few.  It would
>> look better on openoffice if it can be seen to be extended in this way
>> Open office localisation e.g dictionaries
>> OPen arena, (ok its older in terms of engine, but hey, does that really
>> matter)
>>

>> I can't think of much more off the top of my head,  but there has to be
>> lots of applications. games and tools that would be useful.
>>

>> Paul
>>
> That's exactly what I'm doing with the custom OpenDisc I'm working on.
> IIRC I got it to about 2 gig so far.  Not sure if I'll have room for any
> Mac stuff, saying that I haven't got a working Mac at the moment to test
> it on (my iMac isn't working properly for some reason).
>
> Rob

If you need them, I have lots of cd cases,  and perhaps some dvd cases
if I sort some out,  i am trying to have a clear out,  If I buy the cd
wallets to keep the cds in I want to keep, for example the cd's from the
linux magazines,  that came in dvd cases,  I can transfer the dvd' and
keep the case,

if you have the time etc, you can then print a fresh, case insert that
lists what is on the cd and how to contact people for support.

I want to keep some for archive purposes, but I don't need an original
dvd case for that,  just a wallet.

also one of my cd boxes will store far more cd's + wallets,  where as I
can probably fit 20 max cd cases in,  useful as you could perhaps then
have one of the boxes to keep any cd's in,  for when we want to give
some away.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Next Linux User Group meet :Saturday ** June 6th ** : 3pm,  Shoreline
Cafe Paignton