Re: [LUG] Ripping Clasical CDs: WAS Re: Music CD Database

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 04:52:45PM +0100, Max Siegieda wrote:
> Personally, I would just use WAVs or ideally FLACs, if you want classical
> music on a bog standard MP3 player, give up, it's not worth hearing a ruined
> version of fine pieces.

A player that doesn’t support Vorbis is unlikely to support FLAC, and a
full CD in WAV format is ~700MB. Is MP3 really that terrible, given a
high enough bit rate? I’d’ve thought most of the loss of quality would
be due to the headphones, or to the player itself.

--
Benjamin M. A’Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://bma.subvert.org.uk/ || gpg: 0x166891C7