[LUG] Acer Aspire One - Fan control

Hi,

I have packaged up the kernel module for doing fan control under Ubuntu
Jaunty on my Acer Aspire one. The package is hosted on LaunchPad. Would
anyone be willing to test it for me?

It uses DKMS so it should rebuild automatically when new kernels get
installed
It includes an init script to load the module on boot, which avoids
having to add the module to /etc/modules.

In theory you can do a one click install from here
https://launchpad.net/~paul-hirst/+archive/ppa/+files/acerhdf-dkms_0.4.0-2_all.deb
Or install the PPA into apt by going
https://launchpad.net/~paul-hirst/+archive/ppa and following the
instructions.

If it seems to worth for others I can update the page
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne to point at this package.

Note: I didn't write the module. That came from http://piie.net/. I just
packaged it. Usual 'no warranty' disclaimers apply :-)

Thanks.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.