Re: [LUG] LogMeIn - WAS "Ubuntu In The Clouds - The Revolution"

On Thu, 7 May 2009 13:50:13 +0100
Tom Potts wrote:

> On Thursday 07 May 2009 13:11, Rob Beard wrote:
> > Grant Sewell wrote:

> > > That'd be the one, and the same version I have too... clearly they
> > > don't do much on the development side...
> > >
> > > Grant.
> >
> > It works much better than the Java version though.  I just wish
> > they'd have a Linux client so I can bung it on some Linux desktops
> > I have at home for those occasions I'm out and use someone else's
> > PC.
> >
> > Rob
> Don't most distributions come with a remote access setup as standard
> - Ubuntu seems to have had it from 6.10 onwards allowing me to share
> my screen with another - generally me sitting in front of the telly.
> It only requires a hole in the firewall to do this from the internet.
> If you want to log into a windows machine remotely theres any number
> of bots out there if you haven't got VNC...
> Tom te tom te tom

People don't like having holes in their firewalls.  Especially
non-technical, Windows-using people for whom you are providing
support.  A tool that allows them to keep their firewall and still let
you remote-in to their machine is a plus.

Grant.