Re: [LUG] LogMeIn - WAS "Ubuntu In The Clouds - The Revolution"

On Thursday 07 May 2009 13:11, Rob Beard wrote:
> Grant Sewell wrote:
> > On Thu, 07 May 2009 11:00:19 +0100
> >
> > Rob Beard wrote:

> >> Actually doing a quick Google search turned up this...
> >>
> >> https://secure.logmein.com/labs.asp?lang=en
> >>
> >> Just trying it now.
> >>
> >> Rob
> >
> > That'd be the one, and the same version I have too... clearly they
> > don't do much on the development side...
> >
> > Grant.
>
> It works much better than the Java version though.  I just wish they'd
> have a Linux client so I can bung it on some Linux desktops I have at
> home for those occasions I'm out and use someone else's PC.
>
> Rob
Don't most distributions come with a remote access setup as standard - Ubuntu
seems to have had it from 6.10 onwards allowing me to share my screen with
another - generally me sitting in front of the telly. It only requires a hole
in the firewall to do this from the internet.
If you want to log into a windows machine remotely theres any number of bots
out there if you haven't got VNC...
Tom te tom te tom