Re: [LUG] 'New' Computer boot 'problems' : Was bios upgrade (ish)

Tom Potts wrote:
> I made a freedos boot CD (Thanks  Rob) and put the bios upgrade stuff on a
> floppy so I could save a copy of the old one!.
> Upgraded the Bios, restarted and wow thats faster!
>
> I started this upgrade off as after upgrading to Jaundiced Jackrabbit on
> booting I was getting the following
> [timing info]ACPI: Invalid PBLK length [5]
> [later........]ata2:SRST Failed (errno=16)
> [laterstill...]ata2:SRST Failed (errno=16)
> I'm still getting these but the boot procedure for ubuntu is a lot faster and
> the wireless comes up a lot lot quicker!
> Any clues on clearing the above?
> Tom te tom te tom

Hi Tom,

Judging by this it seems to be an Asus specific issue

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-133767.html

I know this is Fedora, but it's the same manufacturer and error message
so I'd guess they're connected.

Kind regards,

Julian