Re: [LUG] Printing Problems with OS10 and Ubuntu 8.04

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:01:13 +0100
> Posted by "Jess Humphries" <jess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi All,
>
> Been a member for a while now - not posted but find everyone else's
> tips and solutions helpful.  I have a question now myself tho:
>
> Home network has an old IMAC running OS10.2.3 ( I know it's old)with
> an HP1215 printer scanner hanging off it.  I want to print from my
> other desktop machine, running Ubuntu Hardy. I have got to the stage
> where the Linux box can see the printer and has it set as the
> default.  But when I send jobs to the printer they just seem to
> vanish.  Any ideas as to why it all appears ok but the print jobs
> never appear at the other end??
>
> Thanks
> Jess Humphries

Hi Jess,

Your HP1215 is connected to the iMac, but what is handling the print
jobs on the iMac?  If I remember correctly, OSX uses CUPS - if this is
the case, then you might want to look into how CUPS is handling things.

Grant.