[LUG] Printing Problems with OS10 and Ubuntu 8.04

Posted by "Jess Humphries" <jess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

Been a member for a while now - not posted but find everyone else's tips and
solutions helpful.  I have a question now myself tho:

Home network has an old IMAC running OS10.2.3 ( I know it's old)with an HP1215
printer scanner hanging off it.  I want to print from my other desktop machine,
running Ubuntu Hardy. I have got to the stage where the Linux box can see the
printer and has it set as the default.  But when I send jobs to the printer they
just seem to vanish.  Any ideas as to why it all appears ok but the print jobs never
appear at the other end??

Thanks
Jess Humphries
--