Re: [LUG] for the Ubuntu fans ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> New Acer desktop pre-loaded:
>
>    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/04/24/acer_revo_storage_switch/
>
> I bet it'll run Debian just as well :)
>
> Gordon

Ahh you beat me to it ;-) (that's what I get for reinstalling the broken
OS - ahem, Vista on my laptop).

I was surprised to see that this is going to have Ubuntu pre-installed
on it, that's got to be a good thing, and only £150 too.  Okay it's only
a single core Atom but I presume it should be pretty quick anyway for
desktop use and probably a whole lot less hassle than buying the parts
separately.

What interests me about this is the NVidia ION chipset.  From what I
understand with MythTV and an NVidia chipset it is possible to playback
HD video even with a slowish CPU so something like this would be ideal
as a MythTV frontend (nice and small, so wife friendly).  I wonder if it
can be mounted on an LCD monitor for ultra compactness?

Rob