Re: [LUG] No Jaunty?

Dave Morgan wrote:

> I upgraded my EeePC last light (running EasyPeezy)
>
> 2 hrs download at <100Kb (their server overloaded?)
>
> 3 hours to install (refused to install 1st time due to lack of disk
> space, had to do some housekeeping first)
>

> ruddy machine still insists on running the install program every time
> I log in :-(
>
> 1st impression - 'viking' now won't download maps :-(
>
> Dave

The Virgin Media Ubuntu mirror is now up to date
(ftp://ubuntu.virginmedia.com/mirrors/ubuntu/releases/9.04/) which at
least if you're on Virgin Media should give you a pretty good download
rate (2.2 MB/sec on my 20 Meg connection).  Not sure what it would be
speed like on other ISPs but if you're still finding mirrors are slow it
might be worth a try.  There are ISOs and torrents on Virgin's mirror too.

I did give EasyPeezy a try a while ago but I wasn't very impressed.  I
got the same problem with it running the setup program every time it
booted up (from the hard drive!).  Although I don't have a netbook
(yet), I think if I was going to use anything like that I would use the
official Ubuntu Netbook Remix myself.

Rob