Re: [LUG] No Jaunty?

On 24/04/2009, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 24 April 2009 09:36, Martin Gautier wrote:
> > Now running 9.04 Server Ed. on my client's new 1U Mini-ITX based system.
> >
> > Thanks to Alan for the suggestion to use RC1 then a dist-upgrade. Worked
> > a treat and managed to get it into Testing on schedule.
> >
> > My daughter's Edubuntu laptop now has 9.04 and my son's Desktop is
> > en-route.
> >
> > Just my lappie and server to go...
> >
> > Thanks to everyone's input. I now understand a lot more about the
> > release process.
> Release? More of an ooze! I'm on 512k and by the time is finished downloading
> it will be superceded. And then I've got to update my 46bit version!
> Tom te tom te tom
>

> --

I upgraded my EeePC last light (running EasyPeezy)

2 hrs download at <100Kb (their server overloaded?)

3 hours to install (refused to install 1st time due to lack of disk
space, had to do some housekeeping first)

ruddy machine still insists on running the install program every time
I log in :-(

1st impression - 'viking' now won't download maps :-(

Dave
--
http://www.eclipse.co.uk/morgad/index.html
DP: http://www.pgdp.net   NTP: http://www.pool.ntp.org