Re: [LUG] OT: Council Elections in June

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:04:19AM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> I'd be interested to know.

Have sent copy of email to you offlist

> I've been nagging senior LDs for a while about the lack of IT policy -
> last IT policy working group was 5 years ago, made some very small
> basic policies, nobody took any notice.
>
> I'd be curious to know how much influence our elected representatives
> have over management because AFAICT, Senior management and Executives
> are all hired and paid extraordinary ammounts of money - heck Cornwall
> County/Unified Council has several Executives who are receiving
> hundreds of grand each PLUS travel expenses from as far away as York.
>
> I'm really not impressed with CCC, and I fear the unified council will
> be even worse. *sigh*

Latest FoI request

Freedom of Information
Form Completed: - 21/04/2009 16:14
Request Status: - Submitted
Reference:              - 101000332485

Enquiry Details:

Dr Norrey has advised that all software purchases are governed by DCC Corporate
Procurement Policies.

Could I please have a copy of the relevent sections of the Corporate Procurement
Policy covering Free software acquisition. Examples of such free software include:
- OpenOffice
- Linux
- Firewalls and other security systems

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.