Re: [LUG] OT: Council Elections in June

2009/4/20 Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Devon Elections for the County council and for the European parliment
> are in early June
>
> Just had the Liberals coming around asking for my vote: took the
> opportunity to ask what is happening on Free software. Got an email
> address and will follow up

I'd be interested to know.

I've been nagging senior LDs for a while about the lack of IT policy -
last IT policy working group was 5 years ago, made some very small
basic policies, nobody took any notice.

I'd be curious to know how much influence our elected representatives
have over management because AFAICT, Senior management and Executives
are all hired and paid extraordinary ammounts of money - heck Cornwall
County/Unified Council has several Executives who are receiving
hundreds of grand each PLUS travel expenses from as far away as York.

I'm really not impressed with CCC, and I fear the unified council will
be even worse. *sigh*

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk