Re: [LUG] Edimax Wifi USB

Rob Beard wrote:
> Nice feature ;-)

This is one of those obscure uses of the word 'nice' I wasn't aware of
isn't it? ;)
> Are there any firmware fixes to resolve this?

Not that I'm aware of... wouldn't it be a hardware issue anyway?  I did
email them but with no reply - to be fair the only time they haven't.
> My new BT Home Hub has a NAS feature although I've yet to try it, I'm
> hoping that it's a bit more secure than your Edimax router.

I'd run it through Shields Up! - mine didn't show up until I used the
File Sharing Ports option - the others seemed to think everything was
OK.  Not with port 139 blaring over the net it isn't!  Doh!

Kind regards,

Julian