Re: [LUG] Help me move them on!

Have you looked at openbravo ERP?

I use the EPOS side and am Very impressed with system.

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 21:03 +0100, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi All

I have asked for help in numerous ways over the past few years and
mostly on a technical nature. I feel the next request is a mixed bag
and one that I am hoping all can get involved in.

What am I talking about? Well it is an office in which I manage
numerous computers and servers and have a job of keeping it all going.
However, managing a computer system should be more than that. I feel
we should be thinking ahead and deciding on a course of action that
will improve accessibility, speed, office efficiency, cost
effectiveness and ease of use.

Firstly, what I am hoping is that someone out there might have already
done this process and can help me start to look at cost right now.
Once that is done and people can see what we're doing now I am hoping
that together we can start to put together a document that looks at
the future and where we can be in say a years time.

I realise that this is part of my job and maybe something I should do
on my own. But I feel that something like this could become a useful
process for us all and with maybe names and specifics removed a useful
document to use in similar situations and will be useful to us all.

So back to the initial question has anybody got a link or a document
that could point me to a computer and software audit please? Once
compiled I am happy to post the stuff to an email or maybe blog post
or pdf.... and we could get our heads together to put together a
proposal to move on. For instance, the firm heavily uses Sage... not
just as an accounting system but as a crm and an erp tool. So I have
already started to look at SugarCRM which has a tool for connecting to
Sage. So in order to migrate, we maybe firstly get them using proper
crm, stock control, erp tools and at some point migrate them fully
away from Sage.

I hope this will be a useful exercise. Many thanks.
--
Kind regards
Rich

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386