Re: [LUG] [ubuntu-uk] Italian ubuntian in Exeter

m.palone@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear Folks,
> I am an Italian ubuntian who came to Exeter for a course.
> I brought my notebook with me, I was hoping to use it wireless, but I
> cannot.
> Maybe If you have a ubuntu community center, or a pub we can meet
> there and you can teacdh me how to connect wifi with my notebook here.
> My version is the 8.10 I have a Compaq presesario with atheros device
> for the wifi.
> I stay here for 10 days, maybe you can help.
>
> Thank you
> Marco
> You can conntact me viua email, I can chack the email once a day.
> Thank you.

Hi Marco,

Unfortunately the Exwick Community Centre in Exeter isn't ready yet as
this would have been an ideal location.

There are some other options though, there are a couple of Weatherspoons
pubs in Exeter as far as I'm aware, one The Imperial is near the Exeter
St Davids railway station and near the Exeter College and Universities.
There is free wifi available there.

I'll cc this into the Devon & Cornwall Linux User Group list as there
are a few members in Exeter who may be able to help you out (I'm in
Torquay and at the moment I haven't had much opportunity to get to Exeter).

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your visit to Exeter, with any luck
the weather will stay nice while you're staying here.

Regards,

Rob