Re: [LUG] The Guardian goes Open Source

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 05:01:06 +0100
Simon Robert wrote:

> thought people might be interested to see The Guardian newspaper has
> launched an open source API for building 3rd party apps using its data
> and content.
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/open-platform
>
> Simon

>>From http://www.guardian.co.uk/open-platform/getting-started :

        1) Register for a key

        While we're still in beta you will first need an API key in
        order to access the service. Submit a request for a key by
        giving us your contact information and telling us about what
        you plan to do. Be sure to read the terms and conditions before
        registering.

        API key approvals will be granted on a very limited basis, so
        please don't be offended if we fail to reply to you or don't
        approve your request in the short term. You can be assured,
        however, that we intend to open the service more widely soon.

Didn't sound so appealing to start with, but the final part of the
final sentence shows some sign of hope.

Anyone know what license they're using/planning to use?

Grant.