Re: [LUG] Creating a web site

Anthony Lane wrote:
> I do a lot of web design, and personally, I find that doing all the HTML
> & CSS by hand is by far the easiest and least problematic method.  The
> trouble with many editors is that the code they spit out is not fully
> cross browser compliant, and when you consider how many people are still
> using IE6, this becomes a major issue.

I have no interest in worrying about people who still use IE of whatever
version. If they have problems with any site I set up then, as far as I
am concerned, that is their problem for using such a poor browser. I
have seen templates which make special provision for IE users with
special slices of code. I will never bother.

> Having said that, I've just been taking a look at Bluefish, which has
> the feature to add html tags on click, but in my opinion, the most
> important feature of any text editor is syntax highlighting.  Gedit is
> brilliant from this perspective.  The highlighting makes mistakes and
> typos very easy to spot and speeds up the development process no end.
>
> Good luck with your project
> Anthony

Thanks for the good wishes. I am trying out bluefish at the moment. You
are the second one to suggest gedit. As I use kubuntu I have installed
kedit, so I will check that out too. I also believe that Kate editor is
good with highlighting too.

Neil Winchurst