Re: [LUG] Creating a web site

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have a little experience with HTML and CSS. I have already set up a
> couple of web sites by typing in the code. The problem is that it is
> very tedious and open to typing errors, which can be difficult to find.
>
> I thought to look at some of the development packages including
> Bluefish, Amaya, Komposer, Quanta Plus. No doubt there are others. These
> seem rather too involved for what I need. (Or perhaps I need to give
> some more time to it.) What I am really looking for is a simple program
> to save me some of the typing, and so avoid typos.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations, comments etc?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil Winchurst

Hi

I am using one of the templates at http://www.freecsstemplates.com/ for
my site,  some of the advantages are

1. the site is already created in terms of layout etc
2. Most of the templates are free to use for any purpose but some my not
be for business use for example.   source code is avialable so its a
good learning too,  take a working site, look at the code, see how it
works,  and you can change around to suit your needs, or look at a
different template code if that does what you want,  eventually perhaps
even combine some elements of one with another site.

I use bluefish to edit the html code, its quite good as it also adds the
end tags auto matically.

e,g type in <html> and it auto inserts </html>

also i found a program called tidy in the repositories (ubuntu 8.10),
it took my original code with about 40 erros and reduced this to 0
errors and 3 warnings which were easy enough to fix,

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Next Linux User Group meet :Saturday April 4th : 3pm,  Shoreline Cafe
Paignton