Re: [LUG] list subscription help

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:57:06 +0000
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

> I use an @gmail.com account :)  I've got it set up for POP3, so
> presumably if you have it set up that way you can just use the account

Dunno, TBH.  I use a googlemail.com address so the issue would never
arise for me.  OTOH, I use that address as a disposable one, keeping my
@fineby.me.uk domain for places such as this ML.  Google can handle all
the SPAM on my behalf.

> properties with a Reply-To of the proper address.  Guessing however :)

Setting Reply-To headers can have varying amounts of success when
sending mail to a list.  Some admins set lists up to strip them.  Some
replace them, some leave them intact and add the list address.

--
 Regards  _

Bet you thought you had it all worked out
Problem - Sex Pistols