Re: [LUG] OT-DVD from USA

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, John Hansen wrote:

My wife who went to school in Maryland has received a DVD with school
photos and films compiled by a friend. We have tried seeing it on our TV
via a DVDplayer and on my PC (Windows XP) but without any success. I see
Nero offers a solution at £59.99 and wonder if there is another way to run
the DVD. Any suggestions welcome.

Get the make and model of your DVD player and google for it and add the string "Region 1".

You might be able to find that there is a special menu accessed from the remote or front-panel that will enable it to play region 1 encoded DVDs.

I could rant for hours about the whole region coding nonsense, but...

Good luck!

Gordon