[LUG] Q for the server builders

So I'm putting together a small "High Availability" setup for a client for a project they're running. It's a LAMPy type of server, so nothing special there and it'll be 2 servers running MySQL replication and Linux HA between then - again, nothing special there.

But one thing I'm pondering over - 2 disks in each server or just one?

Now this client is on a bit of a budget here and although disks aren't that expensive, we could spend the £130 or so elsewhere (1TB in each box and WDC drives are in the £60 range now)

The server is going to the co-lo which is 4-5 hours away and normally I'd not think twice about using 2 drives per server running in RAID-1 (mirror) mode, but 2 servers gives us 2 drives...

Hmmm...

Any comments or thoughts welcome!

Cheers,

Gordon