Re: [LUG] tiscali to die?

Tom Potts writes:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/09/tiscali_suspended/
>
> Get those MACs now
> Tom te tom te tom
...I just called Pipex for this reason (I was going to dump them anyway) in
typical Pipex fashon I'm put through the automated menu which informs me
that there are no operators available and to wait for one. After some time I
get connected and am asked for my phone number, this is still automated.
Finally when I get to speak to a person the first thing I am saked to do is
give my phone number, the same one that I have just punched into the
automated system I might add. I ask;
  "please can I have my MAC code"
and am polietly told;
   "sorry we can't give you this, you need to speak to our cancillation
department who will provide you with a MAC code, who are open during office
hours"
  He also asked me why I wanted to change from Pipex...I couldn't be
bothered to reply....
Jon Davey.