Re: [LUG] next meeting

Paul Sutton wrote:

> John Hansen wrote:
>
>> Paul Sutton wrote:

>>> Hot on the heels of todays meeting, the next Paignton meet will be april
>>> 4th, 2009,  3pm at the shoreline cafe, Paignton.
>>>
>>> Please note this in diaries,
>>>
>>> This will be the LAST meeting before the launch of 9.04 (jaunty jackalope)
>>>
>>> unless we decided on doing some sort of launch party ?? ideas, opinions
>>> on this.
>>>
>>> I will work on some 9.04 posters, to put up, I will also advertise the
>>> event again, in the shoreline,
>>>
>>> perhaps another mention in the paper would be possible.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Paul,
>>
>> I checked Autoroute yesterday and it is 73.8 miles from Bude to Paignton.
>> I am therefore unlikely to attend.
>>
>> It seems meetings all take place in that neck of the woods which is a shame.
>>
>> John
>>

> Is there a suitable venue near to you, that the group could use,  or the
> members in that area,   there was discussion of a meet in north devon
> but that has gone quiet again.
>
> As I live in paignton I arrange meetings here,  the cafe is in a nice
> location, has food, wifi, parking etc,  so I asked if we could meet
> there,  at our first meet in January I asked the manager if it was ok to
> meet there on the first saturday of each month,  as the response to that
> was yes, we have a venue, and a meeting point.
>
> We can't please everyone with this,  but its up to other members to use
> their contacts to try and arrange something
>
> Neil Stone and Rob Beard, are both working on something too.  it just
> takes time.
>

> Paul

I agree with Paul on this one.  I think part of the problem is that
Devon & Cornwall is such a wide area.  I'm in Torquay and wouldn't be
able to make it to a meeting in North Devon, at least not very often and
I very rarely get to Cornwall (it's usually on holiday).  At the moment
if it wasn't for Paul arranging meetings at the Shoreline Cafe we
possibly wouldn't have any meetings.  Hopefully though with any luck
we'll be able to arrange something at the Exwick Community Centre (if
anyone is interested let me know and I'll start to hash out some dates
and details with Trevor at the centre), and I believe Neil looking at
setting up a meeting near Plymouth?

Rob