Re: [LUG] Firefox3

On 06/03/2009 16:01, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I am using Kubuntu Hardy and Firefox v 2.0.0.19.
>
> A couple of questions please.
>
> I know that there is version 3 of FF available. Can both versions be
> installed  without problems? Or would I need to uninstall v 2 first?
>
> Does v 3 have any advantages over v 2 or would it be a pointless exercise?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions etc
>
> Neil Winchurst

Well I'm not sure if FF 2 is still supported with regards to security
updates (I was under the impression that Hardy came with FF 3 by
default).  I would have thought you'd be able to download it from
Mozilla's site and install it alongside FF 3 but in the /opt directory.
Not sure how well it would handle sharing a profile though.

Rob