Re: [LUG] C++ Question

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> atoi() l
>
> At least in C - it's been 10 years since I looked at c++
>
> So:
>
>    nMinutesIn = atoi (argv ([2]) ;
>
> atoi stands for ascii to integer.
>
> there are many other ways, but that's possibly the simplest.

The GNU side of my brain is saying "use getopts" repeatedly...

http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/gengetopt.html

As the documentation says, handling command lines options isn't
difficult or exciting, but you can go wrong(!) so don't reinvent the
wheel if you don't have to.

Comparing dates - hmm must be a library for that....
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/ctime/

Sam you are welcome to borrow my Stroustrup if you don't have a copy -
bought for a project that never happened.

Examples -- hmm I'm sure there must be a way to find out which Debian
packages are written in C++ - Neil? ("apt-cache rdepends g++" isn't
quite right, but may well be good enough). Then one can "apt-get source"
and you'll have more C++ than you could possibly want.

 Simon