[LUG] C++ Question

Hi

I have been trying to pass a string and a number via the command line, and then setting varibles for use later on in the code.

When i pass say 23 as the second param i get a larger number set to "nMinutesIn" variable. If i cout << argv[2]; then i will get the 23 value,
so if the argv[2] is a char type how do i convert to a int?

I also would be greatfull for any advise for compairing dates, I want to create a funtion that acts like dateadd() function.

I am finding it hard to find c++ generic sample code on the web, As lots of sample code is using windows apis etc.

Anyone know of some good urls?

my problem sample code below:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{