Re: [LUG] Anyone got an Athlon 3000+ 64 socket 754 chip for a Shuttle box?

M.Blackmore wrote:
> Anyone got an Athlon 3000+ 64 socket 754 chip (for a Shuttle box)?
>
> Anyone got a chip that will revive the above shuttle? Its a nice case
> (with a lot of embedded energy and CO2 in it being aluminium... and a
> good psu!) so pity to bin the lot for want of a cpu, so if anyone has
> anything like a dead mobo with a working cpu I'd be glad to hear from
> them.
>
> With me disabled and on no income etc (cue violins) just going out and
> buying a new computer isn't an option :-(

I have a Shuttle sitting here with a dodgy onboard ethernet. It is
definitely an Athlon but I can't remember what.
Not plugged in at the mo but I will try and check it out - won't be
before weekend though.
It's got some really nice Corsair RAM as well (only 512MB DIMMS).

Cheers,

Pete