Re: [LUG] 2 week long outage

On Monday 23 February 2009 12:05, Dave Berkeley wrote:
> Dear UKFSN
>
> The scheduled upgrade to my local exchange resulted in an outage that
> continues, 2 weeks later. I still have no ADSL connection.
>
> BT today visited my home to test the line, and found nothing wrong with it.
> But the ISP now say that they did the wrong tests when they visited. I
> would have thought that the fact the outage coincided with the upgrade of
> the exchange should give some clue as to where the problem lies.
Not always the case - you may have a fault where the line is just out of spec
- the old equipment may not have been worried by it but the new equipment is
more sensitive and does give a...
In the good old days your modem would have fallen back from 2400baud to
300baud and all would have been well. Nowadays the system is set up to send
you high definition images of what 2400baud would have looked like and 300
just wont cut it.
Tom te tom te tom