Re: [LUG] Clustering Mboards...

I'm just wondering how much use clustering might be today:
A single (?multi-core) CPU can perform as well as Gordons cluster!
OK you need a cluster to run Vista but most other 'tasks' are partitionable to
run on multiple different spec machines - more cloud than cluster but that
works out a lot cheaper to maintain!
Having said that I'd still like a machine where I could plug in extra
processors to beef up a couple of things but for me its getting like
virtualisation - don't need it no more.
Tom te tom te tom