Re: [LUG] HP T45 power lead

Simon Robert wrote:
> I'm trying to revive a pc and periphials for an anquintance who has a
> less than stellar income. I have an HP T45 printer/fax/scanner and as
> far as I can work out the linux support isn't too bad - at least the
> printer should work.
>
> However I've lost the power cable. Does anyone out there have a spare
> cable? I think it's 220 v.
>
> This is a system for a person who has only ever used windows and isn't
> great at that. So I thought kubuntu (at least the menu is in the same
> place!), but being able to hang a printer off this would be great. I
> must have used the original for a TV or something.
>
> Thanks
>   Simon

What sort of connection is it?

Does it have the three pin IEC (kettle type) socket like on the back of
a PC [1], a figure of 8 2 pin cable [2] (like on the back of a radio), a
three pin clover leaf type connector [3], or a round socket with a pin
in the middle (as used on low voltage devices).

If it's either of the first two then you should be able to pick one up
from Maplins or a good local electrical retailer (or maybe even your
local pound shop).

Rob

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector#C13_and_C14_connectors
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector#C7_and_C8_connectors