Re: [LUG] Microsoft to kill off Equipt

Tom Potts wrote:
> But then once you've loaded a couple of programs...

The criticism was referring to like-for-like comparison.  Like-for-like
Windows 7 is faster than Vista.
> Unless MS have completely re-invented their way of doing things.
> Vista was to a large degree self harming with DRM but I bet 7 is heavily
> stripped down
Actually MS have done the same as Vista and released the Beta of the
Ultimate edition, so not appreciably cut down.
> and when you need a program to do something computational there
> will be a few hefty DLL's to slow things down.
That's true of all versions of Windows.  My point was simply that the
naked install of Windows 7 is much faster than the naked install of
Vista, no more than that :)

Kind regards,

Julian